To help trainees become familiar with the screen magnification program ZoomText working with Word.
Who should attend
Delegates who have acquired the ZoomText program or trainers who need to demonstrate the program to users with a visual impairment.
A basic knowledge of Windows would be an advantage but is not essential.
- The Windows environment
- Opening ZoomText and Word
- Setting the magnification and preferences within ZoomText
- Using the Doc Read facility (ZoomText Extra with Speech)
- Creating a simple letter
- Saving documents and document management
- Shortcut keystrokes
- Simple editing, deleting, copying
- Cutting and pasting
- Text formatting – fonts, attributes
- Paragraph formatting – tabs, indenting
- Page Setup – margins, orientation, page breaks
Proofing the document:
- The Spelling checker
- Grammar checker